Monday, September 7, 2009

End of summer



5th grade has begun. I wasn't ready, but the school district really doesn't care about how I feel. Alana is happy with her new bag and that's all that matters to her. Three days of school and then off for the long weekend.
Grandparents here to visit for a few days. Gives everyone a chance to relax and catch up. Lots of fires in the fire pit. The pool is starting to be less attractive with the weather starting to cool off. How does the summer vacation always get away
from me?

4 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

That actually looks quite delightful...I would love to pull up to that fire pit at night. Mmmm....

Patti H said...

Wow Alana is looking more mature every day! Good luck in grade five Alana. Oh the fires look like so much fun! I know what you mean about summer vacation where oh where did it go?

Lin said...

DD is so pretty, and I love your parents set-up!

Amy said...

Alana is beautiful. And that fire looks so inviting!