Saturday, October 24, 2009

I was due for it

Thursday night. Sparring night. Everyone knows that I am not the most enthusiastic of fighters. Rather reserved. I've been trying to focus on that. Forrest and I were in the ring. Blocked one kick and went in to try to get a punch on him. Caught a kick in the ribs. Ouchers. The little, frail, old lady was heard across the do jang with that lovely squeaky noise that you can make. So, now I have his heel mark on my side and am resting it up for a few days. Guess the gear bag will sit for a bit.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yowch!! You are still one tough cookie!

Lin said...

Ouch! I've thought about doing more than just cardio boxing, but as much as I love punching I don't think I'd like to BE punched very much! I can't imagine doing what you do!

Cassandra said...

Holy crap Nancy!!!!

Patti H said...

owieeeeee hope you are feeling better Nancy