Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Ugliest Cake

We usually celebrate Alana's birthday with a family cookout on a day when we can all get together. The cake isn't so much for eating as it is for decoration (we are more pie people). Alana usually just picks out a theme cake from a local store and life is good. I wish someone took a picture of my face when we went to pick up the cake this year. We have named it "the ugliest cake". Seriously, I could have done better myself. It was lopsided, cracked, and the decoration was ...


I told them to forget the cake. They had me just take it.
You would think that they would want to destroy the evidence. The ice cream cake that we picked up on the way home seemed to suit her just fine. On Monday when we celebrate her actual birthday, I think we'll skip the cake.

3 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

What did they think you would say when you saw that? Seriously? "Oh, that's beautiful! She will LOOOOOVE it!".....pay them $$$ then skip out of the store? I will say it isn't the ugliest cake I've ever seen but I certainly wouldn't have handed that over to a customer. lol!

Pie sounds good...

Stacy said...

yikes! lol Problem is that they hire anyone and everyone to do the decorating. Scary.

Our little family said...

LOL, that is so bad! Is the "y" missing?