Sunday, June 13, 2010

Best Mom

For the last few weeks I have been keeping an eye on this nest. The Robin mom built it well hidden in the branches of my crabapple tree right in front of my deck.Normally I would have done some pruning of this tree by now, but I didn't want to disturb the birds. This mom has ridden out a few hairy storms lately. She hunkers down over her eggs/babies so that you can barely see her bill over the edge of the nest. From there she has kept a leery eye on the comings and goings around her. Today I tried to get a decent picture of the babies. That will teach me. I got dive bombed by the mom. No second chance for a better shot.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Aw, you did get a cute picture of the babies! Hope mom didn't hurt your too bad!

Sharpshooting by Sherri said...

That is so cool.

Patti H said...

awwww great shot Nancy