Thursday, July 8, 2010

Patti envy

After reading Patti's blog post about her new, hot sunglasses, I said to myself (see, Patti, I do that too) "self, you should share your new, pretty stuff".
Some of you may be unaware of my like of nontraditional pretty things. I believe I have done a post in the past about my new, sparkly gear.

After having my ribs broken...twice in six months, my physician became rather more insistent that I wear some type of rib protection while sparring. Something about healing slower as you age, early risk of osteoporosis, blah, blah, blah. The master black belt instructor took him more seriously.
My sparring nights now had me wearing the bulky, cumbersome, not so pretty tae kwon do chest/rib protector. I was bubble boy. I adjusted.

Time came to order new gear to supply the dojang. The big boss has become more serious about raising the bar for protective gear. Head gear with face shields are now being worn by some...and I have new, pretty gear. *sigh* If it only came in sparkly purple.





2 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

Pretty girly colors for your sport? Hmmmm....maybe YOU should make it. lol!

For the record I would have quit after the first rib was broken. You are my hero.

Patti H said...

yes I remember your sparkly equipment. They have to make this in pink too! I am with Cheri you are my hero too!