Thursday, January 22, 2009

Janice


It's difficult to explain to someone how you are friends with someone whom you have never made eye contact with. This person, who lives so many miles away from you and might not recognize you in public. Suddenly, this person is gone and you feel such a loss.
I "met" Janice on an online scrapbooking site. She reached out to so many people with a warmth and caring that is very difficult to convey over the internet, and yet more people than I can count have felt it. She was the most supportive person on many levels. I could always count on her for encouragement with my novice attempts at creativity.
Somewhere along the line we began to talk about our mutual love of books and reading. I discovered that Janice lived in a very remote area with the nearest library being many miles away. Periodically I would go through my stash of books (buying books being my vice) and pack them up to mail them off to Janice. She in turn would share them with other people at their community center. That's Janice right there. Pass the sharing along.
I am saddened to know that I will never have the chance to meet in person. I know that there is a special place for her now and can only hope that I will be good enough to see her there some day.

4 comments:

Patti H said...

what a beautiful post Nancy! she will be sadly missed.

AshleyS said...

well said, Nancy.

Anonymous said...

Agreed Nancy, she will be greatly missed!

Cheri Pryor said...

Wonderful post...I miss her lots at SJ. =(