Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can you hear me now


AT&T and I are just not having a good relationship right now. Sure their stores are more than willing to sell their phones but if anything goes wrong with them you have to deal with a tech on an 800 number. You begin by having to go through their security checks. Sorry, the contract is not under my name but this is my phone. A couple of "checking with my supervisor" later and they finally realize that a) this really is my phone and b) I am hearing impaired and this is the phone I need to speak to you on. This leads to c) no, I do not have another phone right here that I can call you back on so that you can system check the one I am one. Plan goes to I will get the information from inside my phone and the tech will call me back on that phone. Sounds easy enough. No return phone call. My screen is totally black except for a few vertical white lines and some white smudges on the lower right corner. Can't read my address book. Can't read or send text. Okay, I'm done venting. I'll let them deal with the man with a really bad attitude who owns the contract.

4 comments:

Patti H said...

go bad man!! Crap Nancy you NEED that phone!!

Yankee said...

Update from the crabby woman.
I handed over everything to the man. Blah...blah...blah.
New phone should be here tomorrow/Friday at the latest.
Maybe I need to get a deeper voice.

Cheri Pryor said...

Have you read my AT&T rant on my blog? Yeah. I hate those guys. I ended my contracts with them. Cost me $300 bucks to get rid of them. Worth every bloody penny.

My blood pressure is rising just talking about it. Ugh!!

Ramona said...

Oh Yipes! I'm sorry this was such a pain but at least you are getting new phones! :)