Sunday, October 26, 2008

Camping


Every so often my folks will come up for a few days and camp in our yard. They do it often enough that they now have a makeshift fire circle so that they can have their campfire.
It doesn't matter what time of year it is, or whether it is warm/cold or dry/wet. I think it's one of the things dad likes best about visiting. It lets out his inner pyromaniac. Mom enjoys the flames, but Dad is the real firebug. He stayed up rather late the other night enjoying the "country quiet" and alone time. It kind of gives them both a little break. Dad doesn't have to feel like he needs to watch over Mom every minute, and Mom can relax and not be under watch. It also gives Alana and I a bit of a chance to visit without the craziness of the holidays or other things going on. So, as long as the RV is still rolling (and it's 18 years old) my folks plan to do a little camping out in our woods.

4 comments:

Patti H said...

awww Nancy how sweet! Max would kill to be there with that campfire. I am glad your parents are still able to do this!!

Kristin said...

That is so great!!! I love sitting around a fire . . . the boys asked to build one the other night (it was raining).

Cheri Pryor said...

I'm jealous...I LOVE TO CAMP and your "yard" looks fabulous

Cassandra said...

My dad is a pyromaniac, too. He loves a good brush fire!