Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The beginning of a new tradition. Alana carved the turkey this year. Did a fairly good job with it also. Her grandfather is the master of all turkey carvers, but he missed this year (my folks stayed home). So, it was a small and quiet holiday. I actually prefer that. After the ton of food was consumed I cranked up the pellet stove for my after-the-feast-nap. Alana went out with her dad to have a smaller sized bonfire in the yard. We seem to be having a few of those lately. I was too warm and lazy to get up and get some pictures. Guess I could cheat and post some pictures from previous fires, but that would give me bad blog karma. Tonight we're going to hang out and watch a movie or two. Tomorrow morning brings the early sparring class, so no late night for me tonight.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

7 comments:

Lin said...

Looks like she did a better job than I did with our turkey!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

AshleyS said...

sounds like a cozy Thanksgiving!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Sounds good. Thanks for the hug.

Patti H said...

Oh what a fun tradition. JOhn is the turkey carver in our family. Great photos NAncy

Kristin said...

Glad you had a nice day! Hmmm, maybe you have a future surgeon!

Cheri Pryor said...

How fun for her!! We have no official "carvers" in our family....just whoever happens to be helping out with that particular item. We don't put the whole bird on the table.