Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter Has Arrived


Mother nature has a strange sense of humor. Just as I was getting used to the idea that this would be the winter of no snow, we get hit with a couple of back-to-back storms. Wet, heavy, nasty snow. Not the stuff that is good for playing in. More like the stuff the takes down trees and
power lines. We were only without power for about 24 hours and were lucky that the temperatures didn't fall that low. My Rose of Sharon hedge took a beating along with my lilacs. Guess I'll have to wait and see how they bounce back after the snow is gone. The trees that were toppled along the road will have to wait until the melt also, but those will definitely be goners.

2 comments:

Patti H said...

yeah us too! Great photos Nancy but I am ready for spring NOW

Our little family said...

I know that totally screws with your life, but holy cow that is beautiful!