Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crazy Storm

Late Wednesday night we got hit with a whopper thunderstorm. Heavy rain and amazing wind. The word tornado has been thrown around, but not confirmed. I didn't get many pictures because I actually followed the state of emergency instructions to stay off the roads. Our house and my office did not get any damage, but others around were not so fortunate. Huge trees were toppled and power lines were down everywhere.
Luckily, there were no serious injuries. Three days later and some people are just getting their power back on. Power, phone, and cable trucks are everywhere. These crews have put in some lengthy shifts along with local emergency services workers.















After things
calmed down I worried about the birds who had built nests near the house.Can you imagine riding out such a night? Well, the nests have survived and the birds are around. I haven't been able to get any decent pictures of them because they don't seem too crazy about me being anywhere near them.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Phew! Glad y'all (and the birdies) are OK!