Saturday, December 20, 2008

By Request

I had mentioned that I have an ornament collection that my mom passed on to me. They were given to her by my uncle over 30 years ago. They are each made out of an egg that a woman crafted into an ornament. Cassandra asked me to post some pictures. Not the best of pictures, but this might give you an idea as to the work involved. I have about a dozen of these eggs, but this photographed a little bit better. it's a shame that you can't really see the detail work of how she cut out pictures from old Christmas cards or the painting involved to make some of the scenes.
























































6 comments:

Patti H said...

wow Nancy they are beautiful. You should take them to the antique roadshow. BTW I love your new header too!

Cheri Pryor said...

Those are so tiny and delicate and beautiful! What a treasure to get from your mom!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are sooo cool and so intricate.

Cheri Pryor said...

Merry Christmas!! Hope your day is wonderful!

Kristin said...

WOW!! Those are amazing!! What a great treasure to have.

AshleyS said...

WOW what craftsmanship!