Friday, December 12, 2008

It begins

We got hit with our first nuisance storm yesterday. Freezing rain, sleet, and ice. Quite the mess and yet rather beautiful with the ice covering the trees. I didn't get out and get any decent pictures because it had turned to freezing rain by the time I could go out. We were lucky. Only lost our power during the night. I hate getting ready in the morning without power. Need that nice, hot shower. Other surrounding towns are still out of power and have trees down all over the place. Towns are making requests that people just stay off their roads and give the emergency crews a chance to get things cleared up and back to order.

2 comments:

Patti H said...

We were wondering about you guys if you had lost any power etc. BTW I was thinking you need to change your fall tree header to a winter scene. The same trees but a winter photo would be cool. Thanks Nancy LOL

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the ice doesn't sound like fun. I can't imagine no power with freezing temperatures. I guess I'm glad I'm in Houston. :)